The objective of coaching is to improve an aspect of job performance in a positive, constructive way, consistent with the culture and values of your company. Coaching is a positive, learning experience for the coaching candidate translating into positive behavior changes. These changes result in greater accomplishments and improved performance. The result is a positive impact to your bottom line, which can be measured and capitalized upon.
The coaching methodology that we use empowers people to reinvent themselves by getting them to be consciously aware of their frames of reference, behaviors and thinking, and is most successful when performed in a positive, nurturing environment. Confidentiality is maintained throughout.
- Secure agreement on the area for coaching and the goal
- Gather data in a safe, unobtrusive way via interviews or other instruments
- Determine areas of strength and areas for development
- Clarify the goals of the engagement
- Establish developmental objectives
- Create an action plan with milestones and timelines
- Review with appropriate parties to gain understanding and support
- Bi-weekly meetings between the coach and the coaching candidate
- Observation by the coach at meetings, interviews, presentations, etc. as appropriate
- Readings, classes, workshops or other educational activities
- Developmental exercises appropriate to the assignment
- Periodic meetings with the client (person who has engaged Steve Heckler Associates)
What You Can Expect
You can expect learning and positive reinforcement through doing. Throughout the process you will receive constructive feedback from your coach resulting in heightened awareness of the situation you are being coached on. We focus on downstream thinking, which will show up in the exercises that you perform. Our goal for you is to establish a framework for self-sufficiency, such that you will be able to recognize success at the end of the engagement. Of course, we will tailor this approach and methodology to your particular situation.
Different Coaching Programs
Steve Heckler Associates offers several different Coaching programs. These include:
- Leadership Training
- Management Effectiveness Training
- Team Building: Five Dysfunctions
- Team Building: Behavioral assessment
- Developmental Coaching
- Projectized Coaching
On-going Executive Coaching
On-going coaching is where we meet in person or by phone after completing an initial coaching engagement. For face to face meetings we meet for 2 hours, usually bi-weekly. For phone coaching we meet weekly for 1 hour. This program is a 6-month program in which we work on the items you wish to that are facing you at the time we meet. We can work on developmental issues or day-to-day issues. This is a very personalized program as each individual’s needs are different.