Current available positions within Steve Heckler Associate client companies.
Manager or Director of Enterprise Infrastructure @ KSL Resorts
Job Title: Manager or Director of Enterprise Infrastructure
The Manager (or Director) of Enterprise Infrastructure provides architectural guidance and hands-on management of corporate and enterprise-wide IT infrastructure, technical support for corporate associates, and technology planning/execution/support for KSLR’s portfolio of hospitality assets.
- Design and execute systems infrastructure plans for increased operational and technical efficiencies across KSLR’s global portfolio of resorts; participate in acquisition infrastructure planning from due diligence through divestiture; travel to portfolio resorts and work with local IT teams, serving as a trusted expert advisor
- Provide hands-on support to users of technology with a focus on delivering superb customer service; troubleshoot hardware, software, network, mobile device, peripherals, and teleconferencing equipment issues for both premise and cloud-based systems
- Build, deploy, monitor, and manage virtual servers, data storage systems, networks, Office 365 / Active Directory systems, cybersecurity tools, and disaster recovery/business continuity plans; document SOPs and drive consistent standards throughout the KSL Resorts portfolio, ensuring compliance with government and industry regulations, such as PCI and CCPA
- College degree in a related field or relevant certifications, such as Cisco and VMWare
- Hands-on expertise in user support, VMWare server virtualization, fiber-channel or iSCSI SANS, Cisco network engineering, and scripting with PowerShell, SQL, and/or other technologies
- Solid verbal and written skills, appropriate for a customer-facing role with senior leadership; experienced at documenting and explaining system diagrams, preferably with Visio
- Attention to detail; ability to prioritize, track, and manage resolve multiple concurrent projects and support requests in a time-efficient manner
- Able to travel as needed for managing projects and providing technical guidance to resorts
Company: KSL Resorts
Salary & Benefits: Open
Location: 18575 Jamboree Road, Suite 500, Irvine, CA 92612
Contact Info: Michael Woore, (949) 617-5115, firstname.lastname@example.org
Director, Software Engineering & Design @ Forest Lawn Memorial Parks & Mortuaries
Job Title: Director, Software Engineering & Design
The Director of Software Engineering and Design manages a team of software engineers and complex product development projects. This position manages multiple activities including design, planning, engineering, prototyping, testing and commercialization.
This is a highly influential and unique opportunity to help drive the strategy, product definition, and overall delivery of the company’s expanding digital experience, specifically focused on Forest Lawn’s suite of web applications and their integrations into other applications in our environment.
- Define the product strategy for our operations applications and integrations, develop and identify the key measures of success, set
expectations with all relevant developers and stakeholders, and effectively
prioritize across initiatives, teams and functions in collaboration with our
Project Management team.
- Develop long-term strategy for the product categories under your management with a mind toward user focus and business benefit across our portfolio and coordinate product enhancements.
- Identify any possible production risks, product integrity issues and regulatory risks, escalating to leadership as required. Rank and monitor any issues not immediately addressed as tech debt/product enhancements.
- Integrate data analytics, product metrics, user experience research, and competitive analysis, to drive prioritization of product features and enhancements.
- Lead engineering and product teams, including customer research, UX, QA and engineering, in the discovery process to define optimal customer experiences.
- Ensure a highly effective team by facilitating a culture based on quality, responsiveness, and learning.
- Mentor engineers, such that they have a voice in defining our challenging technical culture and helping to build a fast-growing team.
- Review prototypes and tooling methods to verify and implement the functionality of product designs.
- Coach product managers as they break down complex
problems, develop strategies and plans to solve them, and
help them collaborate to deliver solutions.
- Assist stakeholders and
Business Analyst to create and pitch product concepts and business cases.
- Facilitate collaboration across internal teams, coordinating communications and documenting issues and decisions that arise.
- Be a leading voice in overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and
- Develop frameworks for operational effectiveness that ensure the technology portfolio and governance aligns to the organization’s
strategic business goals and objectives.
- Work closely with third parties, vendors, licensors to deploy and support product.
- Practice a highly efficient, iterative product management process with an eye for continuous improvement.
- Advanced problem-solving skills; must demonstrate
analytical and critical thinking and the ability to speak
fluently with engineers and understand technical tradeoffs.
- Ability to facilitate dialogue and retrospectives with a diverse group of stakeholders and to review feedback to drive continuous
improvement in tools, practices and processes within the emerging UI/UX and development technology stack (ASP,NET, MVC, React).
- Strong innovation, creativity, and problem-solving skills, including experience facilitating incident management and system
- Ability to roll-up your sleeves and rapidly develop opportunity assessments, product briefs, user stories, etc. if necessary.
- Ability to mentor product managers, engineers and/or designers in how to work together to build great products.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related field.
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering and product design running medium to large/complex projects or teams with multiple
interactions and dependencies.
- 4+ years of experience leading technical software development teams in Agile and/or Lean environments.
- Experience with agile principles and practices, especially software engineering perspective, emphasizing practices such as Behavior-driven development, Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD), and
- Experience in analysis, design, application development and leading On Premise/Cloud Development teams with a wide range of technologies, platforms and methodologies.
- Proven track record successfully supporting production support efforts using a DevOps methodology.
- Experience in primary customer research, translating functional
and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design, able to
manage applications through a product’s lifecycle.
- Progressive experience supporting highly available, mission critical environments.
- Demonstrated experience playing a leadership role across a broad set of cross-functional technical and business teams.
- Great track record of driving product improvements through data-based decision making through user testing/feedback and industry best practices.
- Ability to successfully handle ambiguity and self-motivated to learn new technologies.
- Microsoft technologies such as .Net Core, ASP.Net Core3, ASP.Net MVC, REST based API development, WCF, design patterns such as MVVM, and MVC.
w/Azure SQL DB back-end .NET w/C#, Using Visual Studio 2019 (and GIT/BitBucket for VCS . MS SQL Server 2012+ and 2016.
Company: Forest Lawn Memorial Parks & Mortuaries
Salary & Benefits: Open
Location: Glendale, CA 92806
Contact Info: www.forestlawn.com/careers
Sr. IT Manager @ Monarch Landscape
Job Title: Sr. IT Manager
This position is responsible for leadership, direction, and oversight in the management of infrastructure, applications and onsite technical support for IT issues in all Monarch facilities. Responsibilities also include negotiating Operational Level Agreements (OLA’s), Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), and measurement of appropriate key performance indicators that will help drive Monarch’s business and IT strategies. The Senior IT Infrastructure Manager will have a proven track record of managing projects and diverse technical staff, including development of processes, documentation, and associate training.
Bachelor’s degree OR eight (8) years of IT experience required.
Experience must include use of the following:
- Network management systems
- Server Management systems
- Monitoring tools
- Office productivity tools
- Remote access tools
Minimum of six (6) years of experience utilizing skills in a wide area of technologies and infrastructure areas for example networking, virtualization, cloud and integrations required.
Minimum of three (5) years managing system and network environments required.
Minimum of three (3) years of experience managing direct reports – supervisory experience required
Company: Monarch Landscape
Salary & Benefits: Negotiable, Medical & Dental
Location: Downtown LA
Contact Info: Steve Pomush Steve.email@example.com